Sunday, March 1, 2009

Tricked You!

For those of you that have kept up with my postings (or lack there of), I'm sure you thought I gave up on the 2008 Freep Marathon. Well.....you were wrong. Both my wife and I ran this year and finished at 2:01:12 and 2:02:53 respectively. A little slower than what we would have liked, but still almost 9 minutes faster than last year, for me. I'm confident that if it wasn't for the congestion at the start and the fact we literally stopped on the Ambassador, I would have been closer to my 1:55 goal.

This year I am trying to get a head start on training. I have decided to run the Martian Marathon in April (www.martianmarathon.com). I'm not really setting a time goal based on the fact that my training is primarily treadmill, but I'm still hoping to be below 2:00. Whatever the time, I plan on doing a 12-week bridge training plan to keep my endourance for the Detroit train. My stretch goal is to finish 2009 Freep in less than 1:50.

So I'm back and hoping to use this blog as additional motivation.

TY

No comments: